IBI Healthcare Institute is looking for a Telemed Coordinator to join our growing team in our Loganville, GA location.
The Telemed Coordinator is responsible for the operation of telemedicine program. Coordinator routinely interacts with physician, staff, community members and health care professionals in the process of planning, providing, promoting and supporting the Telemed and education of programs and services to patients. Responsible for scheduling orientation appointments, set up and test equipment, collect evaluation data, support physicians and other providers during consultation, promote program in local community and providers on telehealth service delivery and equipment usage.
Who we are
Our mission is to provide high-quality, accessible, and affordable surgical care solutions. IBI Healthcare Institute is a surgical group devoted to providing the highest quality healthcare services. Our vision is to become the most respected and successful surgical group in the United States for our patients, members, and partners. At IBI Healthcare Institute we are experts in incision-less acid reflux treatment surgery and are one of the leading experts on weight loss surgery in Georgia.
Why IBI Healthcare Institute?
IBI Healthcare Institute improves our patients’ lives through personalized care, exceptional service, and leading-edge treatments. You’re talented and dedicated to high-level patient care. You’ll choose IBI Healthcare Institute because you want to work with people who are compassionate, welcoming, friendly, smart, energetic, and dedicated to providing excellent healthcare. As we change the face of medical management within Physician Group Practices, we’re providing our team members with a friendly, team-oriented culture!
What you get to do
- Support physicians, nurse practitioners (NP), physician assistants (PA) and other providers in the telehealth care of patients.
- Explain Telemedicine appointment process and services offered via telemedicine. Educate on patient portal enrollment and utilization.
- Organize training for patients and providers of the telemedicine, videoconferencing, and remote monitoring systems.
- Assess telehealth needs of patients and develop skill-appropriate sessions.
- Prepare patients with a comprehensive, clear, and understandable set of instructions describing system processes and user support processes as necessary to maintain and verify system operations.
- Assist patients in making necessary arrangements to allow for a virtual health appointment
- Keep track and follow-up with your set of patients throughout the process to ensure all prerequisite steps have been properly completed for a smooth virtual health appointment.
Who are you
- Telemedicine clinic experience and knowledge of various telemedicine technologies preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with physicians and clinical staff. Ability to positively represent telemedicine to external organizations and participants.
- Possesses problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to to prioritize workload and meet deadlines, develop and carry-out project assignments in an efficient and timely manner and to provide accurate and succinct documentation of activities
- Abides by all policies and procedures concerning personnel including conflict of interest policy
- Experience working in a clinical setting with technicians, nurses and physicians.
- Knowledge of patient scheduling systems and billing system.
- Computer skills and an ability to learn and understand the general technical requirements for the telemedicine system. With training, ability to provide basic technical support and to triage more difficult problems to appropriate staff.
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy and diplomacy when dealing with individuals at any level.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion, use independent and mature judgment, work independently without supervision and commitment to excellence Electronic Medical Record system knowledge preferred
- Patient Experience: Provide exceptional, high quality care to each patient, every day.
- Work culture: Be part of a cohesive team who work well together.
- Treat patients and their families with dignity and respect.
- Fastest growing Surgical practice in the Southeastern United States!
- The staff works well together. Excellent supportive team environment.
- Work alongside multiple physicians, clinical leaders, and staff. There is never a dull moment here.
- Your work will be noticed and recognized.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
IBI Healthcare Institute does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team.
DISCLAIMER: IBI Healthcare Institute does NOT ask for any personal/sensitive information before or after interviews such as bank details and etc. Unless you are officially hired by our HR department (HR@Ibihealthcare.com). If you received any call offering you a job at IBI Healthcare Institute, kindly send us an email to verify.