Explore the process of gastric balloon insertion, its effects on weight loss, and the visual transformation in before and after images, providing insight into the expected journey.
If you have ever tried to lose weight or have lost weight just to regain it again, you understand how frustrating and disheartening it feels. Some consider bariatric surgery, but they are not comfortable with the risks involved or the recovery process. Most people understand that to lose weight, they need to make some lifestyle changes but often, they do not know where to start.
They have the desire to become healthy but lack the knowledge of the steps to take or possibly are low on motivation. If you can relate to this, you are going to want to seriously consider using a gastric weight loss balloon and program to help you out! Keep reading to see the amazing gastric balloon before and after results that our patients achieve.
What is a Gastric Balloon?
A gastric balloon is a tool that when used correctly can help patients lose a significant amount of weight. A gastric balloon is used together with a specialized guided nutrition and fitness program that is customized for each patient to provide optimal results.
How Does a Gastric Balloon Work For Weight Loss?
A gastric balloon procedure has two parts that make it an effective weight-loss tool. The first part is the support and motivational help the patient receives during the program to ensure they are successful and the second part is the balloon itself.
A gastric balloon is an alternative for people who desire to lose weight without undergoing bariatric surgery. They temporarily place the balloon in the stomach and remove it after six months.
Patients receive ongoing support from the time of placement until six months after removal. The support consists of a guided mentorship program with support related to nutrition, physical exercise, and behavior modification.
How is a Gastric Balloon Procedure Done?
The doctor inserts a deflated silicone balloon into the stomach using an endoscope. The doctor then inflates it to a size between that of a softball and a medium-sized grapefruit.
The balloon takes up space in the stomach which makes the patient get hunger pangs less frequently and they are not able to eat as much during meals.
Who is a Candidate for the Procedure?
You may be a candidate for an Orbera procedure if you fall into one or more of the following categories:
- People with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of at least 27. Gastric balloon options can be preferable to individuals with lower BMI numbers who may not qualify or be a good fit for bariatric surgery. Usually, these individuals have under 50 pounds to lose.
- Higher-weight individuals – some individuals may not be in good enough health to undergo the type of bariatric surgery they need. A gastric balloon may be a good option to help them safely lose some initial weight, improving their situation, so they can eventually undergo surgery.
- Individuals who want to avoid surgery.
- People who have not had other stomach or esophageal surgeries.
- People with a BMI over 27 who have been unable to lose weight with diet and exercise alone.
- Individuals who are willing to participate in the 12-month program that accompanies a gastric balloon procedure.
- Individuals who are willing to commit to lifelong lifestyle changes to maintain their weight loss.
How Much Weight can You Lose with the Gastric Balloon?
Motivated individuals who just need a bit of help with portion control and appetite suppression can lose as much weight as they desire. Gastric weight loss balloon reviews from patients have reported weight loss numbers as high as 126 pounds!
The patient’s excess weight directly determines the amount of weight they can lose. Additionally, how committed they are to the necessary lifestyle changes, and the amount of support they allow themselves access to.
Weight Loss Balloon Review – A Man Lost 126 Pounds
A Woman Lost 50 Pounds with Orbera
How Quickly Do You Lose Weight with a Gastric Balloon?
Most patients lose the bulk of their excess weight in six months. The program helps patients form lifelong habits to lose weight and maintain their weight loss.
Does Gastric Balloon Work Long-term?
The doctor places the gastric balloon in the patient’s stomach for six months. Although, the support program runs for an additional six months. The benefits of the balloon do work long-term if patients commit themselves to the necessary lifestyle changes.
Orbera gastric balloon can change your life, schedule a consultation with our expert bariatric team at IBI Healthcare Institute. Additionally, they will answer any of your questions and pre-qualify for the procedure.