It’s important to stay healthy during the season of acute respiratory illnesses. Here are some tips and best practices to follow:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or use the inside of your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands in general.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Don’t forget to clean and disinfect surfaces frequently touched daily.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Put distance between yourself and other people. And if you happen to become sick, stay home except to get medical care.
Video: Dr. Chris Ibikunle Explains the Precautions We Take at the IBI Healthcare Institute
In addition to in-person appointments, we offer teleconsults to all patients. To learn more, request a teleconsult online or give us a call at (678) 466-6760.
Take care of yourself and your loved ones, and remember to stay safe out there!
Take the first step on your journey to a healthy life