Pelvic organ prolapse is a serious problem for many women and one of the most common reasons for surgery. Pelvic organ prolapse, or POP, can occur when the pelvic floor muscles (the muscles that support your pelvic organs) weaken over time. This can cause your organs to prolapse (droop or fall). One of the main surgeries that has been utilized to restore the needed support has been the implantation of vaginal mesh.
What is mesh removal?
Over the past several years, the use of vaginal mesh (a net-like device used to support and repair weakened tissue) has increased. This is also referred to as “transvaginal mesh” which simply refers to the fact that the implant is surgically implanted through the vagina. Over the years, more and more women are having serious side effects and complications due to transvaginal mesh that was used for prolapse or incontinence.
Mesh removal surgery consists of removing the mesh and any surrounding tissue that may be damaged. If your quality of life is suffering due to complications from your transvaginal mesh, help is available to you at IBI Healthcare Institute.
What are some of themain problems causedby vaginal mesh?
Although you may have been told that transvaginal mesh implantation was a low-risk procedure and you may now be dealing with the reality of discovering this was untrue. Some of the major complications of transvaginal mesh include:
- Vaginal bleeding
- Pelvic pain which makes it hard to move
- Abdominal pressure
- Perforation of organs, bowels and blood vessels
- Vaginal scarring
- Vaginal infections and discharge
- Exposure of mesh through vaginal tissue
Am I a good candidate for mesh removal?
If you are currently in moderate to severe pain due to your vaginal mesh, you may be a good candidate for mesh removal surgery. It is important to know that although most women can remove all the mesh during one surgery, some women will not be able to remove the entire portion of mesh. This can occur when the tissue has grown into the device.
A board-certified surgeon from IBI Healthcare Institute will thoroughly evaluate your medical history and address any questions you may have about the procedure in a private consultation. Because mesh removal is a unique and sometimes complex process, your surgeon will ensure that you understand every aspect of the procedure and recovery before moving forward.
Why choose IBI Healthcare Institute?
- It is important to seek out a highly qualified surgeon when it comes to vaginal mesh removal. Mesh removal is highly specialized and requires a surgeon that is extremely knowledgeable in the area.
- Our surgeons are exceptionally experienced and knowledgeable in their respective fields. They have had to undergo years of rigorous training to achieve the highest possible standard of surgical care.
- Our private luxury clinic provides top surgeons at surprisingly affordable rates.
- We are up to date on the latest developments in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery and utilize state of the art technology.
- If you are found to be a good candidate for mesh removal, you can schedule your surgery without delay.
Related article VAGINAL FISTULA
Learn about other women’s health procedures available at IBI Healthcare Institute.
Take the first step on your journey to a healthy life
IBI Healthcare Institute provides an unmatched patient experience and outstanding results. You matter to us.