Georgia Surgicare/IBI is looking for a Certified Surgical Assistant to join our growing team in our Loganville, GA location.
Who we are:
Our mission is to provide high-quality, accessible, and affordable surgical care solutions. Georgia SurgiCare/IBI is a surgical group devoted to providing the highest quality healthcare services. Our vision is to become the most respected and successful surgical group in the United States for our patients, members, and partners. At Georgia SurgiCare/IBI, we are experts in incision-less acid reflux treatment surgery and are one of the leading experts on weight loss surgery in Georgia.
Why Georgia SurgiCare?
Georgia SurgiCare improves our patients’ lives through personalized care, exceptional service, and leading-edge treatments. You’re talented and dedicated to high-level patient care. You’ll choose Georgia SurgiCare because you want to work with people who are compassionate, welcoming, friendly, smart, energetic, and dedicated to providing excellent healthcare.
As we change the face of medical management within Physician Group Practices, we’re providing our team members with a friendly, team-oriented culture!
What you get to do:
- Assisting with patient resuscitation during cardiac arrests or other life-threatening events.
- Covering patients with surgical drapes to ensure and maintain a sterile operating field, removing patients’ body hair, and disinfecting the incision site.
- Determining the availability and inspecting sterile and non-sterile surgical equipment, tools, and supplies.
- Adjusting and maintaining the operating room temperature, humidity, and lighting according to the Surgeon’s specifications.
- Applying sutures, staples, clips, and drainage systems and clamping, or cauterizing blood vessels to control bleeding.
- Assisting with the positioning of patients’ bodies to protect against nerve damage or circulation impairment and assessing the patients’ body conditions after surgery.
- Maintaining an unobstructed operating field with surgical retractors, sponges, and suctioning and irrigating equipment.
- Monitoring patients’ positions, vital signs, and volume and color of blood during operations.
- Assisting the surgical team with gowning or gloving and passing instruments or supplies to the Surgeon.
- Assisting with the application of dressings, casts, splints, braces, and other devices.
Who are you:
- A graduate’s degree in Surgical Assistance with the successful completion of clinical training.
- A license to work as a Surgical Assistant.
- Good manual dexterity and working knowledge of surgical procedures and tasks.
- The ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Physical stamina to work long shifts and move or lift patients and heavy equipment.
- Excellent team working and communication skills.
- The ability to remain calm and focused in the operating room.
- Patient Experience: Provide exceptional, high quality care to each patient, every day.
- Work culture: Be part of a cohesive team who work well together.
- Treat patients and their families with dignity and respect.
- Fastest growing Surgical practice in the Southeastern United States!
- Staff works well together. Excellent supportive team environment.
- Work alongside multiple physicians, clinical leaders, and staff. There is never a dull moment here.
- Your work will be noticed and recognized.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Georgia Surgicare/IBI does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team